Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Brewing Up a Brainstrom

If you've been reading my blog long enough, you'd probably notice that I've been lusting over an SLR-camera since it seems like everyone around me owns one. It surely doesn't help that my sister and best friend, Gina, own one too. This past summer I borrowed my friend's Nikon D3000, which was a huge help and lovely experience. But it can't turn on in the cold a.k.a. fall and winter so that was a huge bummer. I've decided to purchase my own DSLR camera. This was a tough decision to make, mostly because I've spent far too much on everything already that purchasing a camera might just add to the debts. So yeah, remember the New Look denim competition? Turns out, I won! So now I'm thinking over my desire to purchase an SLR of my own. After receiving Dad's permission, it's time to brainstorm.

Canon EOS 600D

Nikon D3200

These two are my number one choices. My sister's camera was a Canon Kiss X4 (Canon EOS 550D). It was highly cooperative and I was very satisfied by how the pictures turned out -- exhibit A: the first photo on this post. Firu helped me search for the perfect SLR for me. The Canon Rebel T3i (Canon EOS 600D) was apparently the most popular choice in the website. Meanwhile, the commercial to the Nikon D3200 has been playing quite often on TV. Its beautiful pictures and lovely advert -- featuring Mr Jamie Oliver -- instantly captured my heart. Both these cameras can take beautiful pictures continuously, record videos and produce the most exquisite pictures for a non-pro like me. Whichever one I'm getting, I'm still going to purchase a lens afterwards -- either together or separately. To sum up the brainstorming process, here's a photography seminar with the talented Michelle Bobb-Parris. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!