Sunday, 1 April 2012

Friendly Feature: Illustrators Arise! #2

Hello, everyone! Today I awoke to the sunshine and lovely weather. Too bad it's Sunday and all the stores are closed. But it totally gives me good mood to start the day. As I go on making my weekly finished piece -- which I have vowed to do from now on, I start thinking about my favourite artists again. And here I am continuing this previous feature.

Feature #5: Tom Gauld


The first time I found this man is thanks to Gemma Correll. Since then on, I have been following his works, especially his weekly post in The Guardian Review. The best thing about his artworks is its uniqueness and simplicity and the fact of how comical it is. His ideas are very one-of-a-kind and very interesting. As I flipped through his portfolio, I couldn't help but laugh at every artwork because they are just perfectly funny. If I wasn't mistaken, the first piece I put up here is a cover of a book because I'm pretty sure I've seen it in a bookstore back home.

 Feature #6: Parorou (Maximilliano Cabrera)

Here is one of my favourite artists that I stalk on deviantART since my early days joining that site. I am over the top for this guy's artwork. He has unique ideas and wonderfully emo touch to his artworks. I love the dark exteriors of his works and some of his characters. But it's paradoxical with how adorable he created his characters. He comes from Chile, which makes me kind of want to go there. He takes commissions, by the way. Go and commission him, if you want. I assure you won't regret it.

Feature #7: toiabates (Victoria Assanelli)

Finally a woman in the equation, huh? Also another artist I stalk on deviantART. An artist who comes from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I thought she came from France for some reason. Anyway, if you're interested in knowing more infos about her, just visit her blog. I love how adorable and fantasy-like her artworks are. It's like she creates a whole new world through her illustrations. Is it just me or are all talented artists from deviantART come from Spanish-speaking countries?

Feature #8: James Jean


One of my favourite artist that I found through tumblr. Funny, really, since apparently I've stumbled upon his works  many times in the past, such as My Chemical Romance's album The Black Parade's artwork -- which my sister and I bought twice by mistake and also the package with the poster (also by him) and the Live Concert DVD -- and also Umbrella Academy -- a graphic novel that I followed the first 2 volumes of -- which I thought was made by Gerard Way at first. His artworks are probably the most abstract ideas I have ever known. Sometimes I don't get his works but that's just because of me. I love the soft stroke of his paintings and how you can totally see them being oil paintings. 

In contrary to the last feature, there are more male illustrators here than the female ones. Kind of change of air, wouldn't you say? Be sure to check their pages, everyone! If you're lucky, they might be open for commissions. Have a perfect time on the rest of your Sunday! Tomorrow's Monday again...so not in the mood to get back to school. Yes, I'm a lazy student, so sue me.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Honey, thats great. I love your Photos. Nice Blog....;O)))) I follow YOU, i hope you follow me back. Kisses from Germany ;****

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank für Ihren Kommentar :) ich bin auch in Deutschland, falls du es nicht weißt.

      Delete

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!